Head of Manufacturing
United States, Hayward (California)
2020欧洲杯时间Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As part of the Site Leadership Team, the Head of Manufacturing is responsible for the implementation, development, and flawless execution of the site’s Upstream Processing (USP) and Downstream Processing (DSP) manufacturing strategies. This includes the USP and DSP support functions such as Facilities Cleaning, Media and Buffer preparation teams, as well as the site logistics and shipping functions.
The role is aimed at a highly experienced Manufacturing professional looking to utilize their existing knowledge and skills in the strategic development and day to day running of a dynamic cGMP production facility.
The Head of Manufacturing must facilitate, develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal stakeholders, ensuring that all parties are aligned with operational requirements, while maintaining EHS, quality, and efficiency goals and objectives.
2020欧洲杯时间The role is responsible for the management, coaching, development and performance monitoring of the Manufacturing and Logistics teams.
- Promote and embed a world-class EHS culture within the team, ensuring compliance to applicable regulations, legislation and company policies at all times.
- Ensure departmental adherence to policies, procedures, ethics and industry regulations. Ensure cGMP, EHS and Data Integrity compliance at all times. Manage and maintain Quality Management System records in accordance with stipulated timelines. Represent teams in internal, customer and regulatory audits and provide audit support where required.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction through attendance and active participation in stakeholder meetings, ensuring timely delivery of agreed departmental actions and objectives.
- Manage, coach and develop the teams. Ensure Performance Reviews, Individual Development Plans, Succession Planning, 1:1s and Team Briefs are in place and adhered to. Oversee recruitment and handle all disciplinary matters with respect to the teams in accordance with company policy.
- Manage and deploy team resources to maintain agreed production schedules, control bottleneck process performance and resolve operational constraints to improve productivity.
- Ensure documents are available for USP and DSP according to the agreed schedule.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of raw material stock movements and transactions in order to support goods issuance.
- Ensure data integrity, cGMP compliance and safe storage of records generated during production.
- Responsible for ensuring all batch review activities on all batch paperwork is completed and available for batch release review on agreed schedule.
- Develop, implement and monitor KPIs. Attend appropriate Hoshin level 0 / 1 / 2 / 3 meetings to ensure performance adherence to the KPIs. Analyse and interpret data, identify and implement solutions accordingly to improve performance, efficiency or correct negative trends.
- Provide regular performance updates to the Head of Site.
- Seek new and innovative ways to improve the efficiency and cost effectiveness of the Manufacturing and Logistics departments. Use Lean, 6S, and Six Sigma methodologies to improve departmental performance and leverage off available resources (e.g. OE team, Stakeholders, SMEs). Implement a culture of continuous improvement.
- Partake in the budgeting process and deliver required service levels within the allocated budget / resources. Provide monthly updates on the assigned budget to ensure spend is within the required limits.
- Oversee departmental projects and ensure milestones and project timelines are met.
- Participate as a member of the Global Mammalian Manufacturing asset heads team
- Perform other duties as assigned.
2020欧洲杯时间People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.