Junior Program Manager
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
For our site in we are looking for a Junior Program Manager. You will be responsible to ensure flawless and smooth execution of the contracted programs according to defined timelines and cost, via leading multidisciplinary project teams. In this role, you will be the key interface between Sales and Operations organizations and the customer. You will be managing multiple projects, either within one technology, or within multiple technologies and oversees the complete life-cycle of all the projects.
- Perform technical project evaluations in the small molecules/API area based on customer RFPs and lead project execution after deal closure. Direct, lead and motivate multi-disciplinary project teams and hold team members accountable to deliver results within an agreed project governance structure to ensure customer satisfaction throughout the life of the program. Shared customer relationship management with Account Managers.
- Coach, mentor and, via frequent discussions with line managers, continuously develop project team members.
- You will use in depth understanding of multiple functions and strong relationships with these functions during the execution.
- Act as single point of contact for customer, with regards to operational questions and ensure each project milestone is delivered in line with the agreed objectives. Act as the customer advocate and champion in the LPB organization.
- Manage project scope, timelines and budget and program profitability together with core project team. Raise and prepare scope changes and communicate them to a customer in close collaboration with Account Manager. In collaboration with Account Management / Commercial Development, create mid-long term program strategies.
- Define, organize and be responsible for all customer communication (using an open communication model), agreeing milestones and conducting “lessons learned” with the customer, as well as executing decommissioning at the end of contractual activities.
- You will ensure that the right and effective internal and external governance are in place and are effective. Also you will ensure very clear alignment of internal stakeholders.
- Contribute to the local Sales & Operations meeting, by best in class forecasting and demand planning for the given programs.
- Most of the time will be spent in the location, where work is executed but from time to time you may travel to customers or conferences.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in the area of life sciences or equivalent experience
- Certification in Project Management (PMI or similar)
- Business fluent in English
- Strategic, operational and technical project management experience.
- Proven business awareness and commercial acumen.
- Excellent planning, organization and controlling skills.
- Problem solving skills - ability to analyze and solve complex issues that do not have routine solutions.
- Ability and willingness to convey proficiency in project management to others
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.