Senior Scientist - Cultured Meat
United States, Walkersville (Maryland)
2020欧洲杯时间Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This person will be responsible for developing new cell line media and primary cell culture media with the use of appropriate grade raw material utilization for novel industry applications. Position is based in Rockville, MD.
- Create novel media recipes based on nutritional ingredient understanding.
- Utilize knowledge of nutrition to incorporate new raw materials in media formulations
- Track nutrition and cell culture literature for novel ideas and synthesize information from a variety of fields to develop new media components.
- Test novel media formulations in routine proliferation and functionality assays.
- Contribute scientific expertise and propose new ideas and product concepts drawn from scientific literature and personal experience.
- Independently design and manage research projects according to priorities and track project progress toward milestones and deadlines.
- Lead and/or Assist in writing and revising technical documents including lab SOPs, testing protocols and reports.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships and open communication with other teams and departments.
- Support other R&D projects within his/her expertise and experience.
- Develop and improve new skills and knowledge necessary to successfully support assigned projects.
- PhD in Nutrition, Chemistry, or related discipline
- Significant related laboratory experience
- Extensive hands-on experience with culturing, characterizing, and assessing vitality and function of primary cells and cell lines.
- Demonstrated knowledge in designing and developing cell culture media including in-depth understanding of critical raw materials and chemical attributes.
- Knowledgeable of the current best practices for developing cell culture media including nutritional ingredients, metabolomics, media chemistry, functionality assays, and spent media assays.
- Self-directed and self-motivated; Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix team environment as well as independently
- Some experience with cell characterizations (flow cytometry, cell counting and viability, ELISA or other antibody–based methodologies).
- Demonstrated expertise in media development
- Excellent communication skills in both written and oral formats.
- Computer software skills including Microsoft Office, accurate record keeping; ability to manage multiple projects; time management skills.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.