Quality Control IT Specialist (80-100%)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
For our site in Visp we are looking for a Quality Control IT Specialist who is accountable for operational support for computerized systems used in QC-Visp. Your job comprises application support, installations of hard & software, administrator responsibilities and second level trouble shooting. You focus on data integrity and the GMP compliance of the all used lab systems as well as on an optimal support for the system users.
- Role of a system administrator (highest access level for IT systems) for Software applications used in QC, such as Tiamo, Chromäleon, MODA and stand-alone systems
- 2nd level support for users of the lab software applications (i.e. support with installations, up-dates, trouble-shooting)
- Consults and supports the labs with technical assistance for data integrity issues (writing DIRA, ERES, test scripts, performing test scripts)
- Evaluation of lab software from a scientific and technical point of view, mainly focusing on Data Integrity
- Drives or supports changes of software applications by creation of functional specifications, test scripts and executing software validations
- Advices QC Labs with the user requirements, selection, installation and qualification of hard & software systems
- Technical or Scientific Graduate (BSc or MSc) with solid years of experiences
- Strong IT skills, user experience in the common software systems and an interest to work with computerized system is a requirement
- User knowledge of lab software and other pharma software is an advantage
- GMP experience is a plus
- Fluent in German and English
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.